From:
Glenn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 15:16:52 -0700
        Hi all,

After a long absence, I am finally able to return to Lactnet.  Wish I could report I was doing something fun, like having a baby, it's been almost that long.  Just dealing with major computer, personal and relationship stuff, however.  At any rate, thought a brief re-introduction of myself in order.

I have worked for 20 years as an RN at Kaiser Hospital in San Francisco, a tertiary care center for perinatology, a fairly baby-friendly hospital, and working at getting more so.  I have been learning about and teaching breastfeeding for 26 years, since becoming a breastfeeding mother of a 30 week baby.  I am not one of the "official" lactation consultants in my hospital, but much of my work on the ward is breastfeeding education and assistance, and I see BF diads and families on a private basis.   I have been IBCLC since '97.

It is exciting to be back at Lactnet, and to see that in my absence the group has gone from subscriptions of 1200 to about 2200.  Wowee!!  Lurking for a week now, I am happy to see many familiar names, and welcome to all the new people.  Looking forward to getting to know you.

Chanita, San Francisco
BSc,RN,IBCLC