From:
Virginia G Thorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 17:06:43 +1000
Naomi Bar-Yam wrote:
> So far I've only seen a write up of this
> report in the press on the web.
> Does anyone have the reference for the research
> article itself?
two Coutsoudis articles I cited today on Lactnet.  They discuss these issues
and the Ndauti paper, as well as presenting their own results.  The refs
details for the Ndauti article on maternal mortality are:

Ndauti R, Richardson B, John G, et al. Impact of breastfeeding on maternal
mortality among HIV-infected women: results of a randomized clinical trial.
XIIIth International AIDS Conference , Durban, July 2000 (Abstract)

I'm not sure where it is published, or if it is still only in the conference
papers.  The earlier paper by the same authorss, on infant factors, was
published in major journal and is easily accessible - I'm just trying to
find the reference.  (Perhaps someone else can supply it?)
                Virginia