From:
MRS LINDA C DRAPER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 20:18:30 EST
A recent BP rental customer told me that she had called 3 other
rental stations from the M ....a 800 # and left messages. No one
called her back! Even if they didn't have any pumps available, is
that any way to run a business? I have a full-time job and in order
to not miss BP calls I leave my beeper number on my home answering
machine. Interestingly, the stations that don't return calls all seem
to be non-LC's. Another reason to become IBCLC - we are more
responsible!

A mom I worked with over the weekend in my "real job" has large
bulbous nipple that were really sore. We were able to easily correct
the latch and decrease discomfort. She had been wearing shells and
showed me that the end of her nipples rubbed against the inside of
the shell causing further irritation. The father and I brainstormed
and he ended up using foam weatherstripping that he attached in two
layers on the outside edge. No more rubbing and easily removed for
cleaning. I love engineers!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!