From:
Hollands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 22:29:02 -0400
Hi all, I am in need of your collective wisdom once again.  I have a mom
that has been told by her OB that she needs to wean her 3 week old baby so
that he can put her on estrogen for her endometriosis.  I searched the
archives and did not come up with much, so I am hoping that someone can
answer my questions.
Will breastfeeding reduce her symptoms of endometriosis? (she is
asymptomatic, now)
Will it be dependent on whether she has her menses or not?
Is estrogen the only way to ease her symptoms?
I do not need cited references for this mom, just someone that has had
experience with this.  This poor mom has really been through the
mill...last week, her pediatrician told her that she had to wean the baby
from the breast because of lactose intolerance (all of those yellow, runny
stools).

                             TIA,
                        Pam Holland, BS, IBCLC
                         Savannah, Ga