Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 11:03:59 -0500
I know this may not be an appropriate post - but I need to share!!
I work as an LC, Childbirth Educator, staff nurse (when the unit is busy) at
a hospital that does about 1400 births/year.
Yesterday, we had an emergency C/S, second baby, prolapsed cord.  Very
scary, I spent the waiting time with dad.....great outcome - healthy 10#
5oz. boy - he was greeted by his 3 year old brother.....
When I visited later, after mom was awake, I asked if she was planning to BF
- she said no, her first child had had lots of allergies and she was going
to go directly to Nutramagen.  What a great opening for me!!  I told her
about the advantages of BF and we put the baby to breast - where he latched
on and nursed very happily for 1/2 hour!!  Mom and Dad were both thrilled -
they all had that great falling in love look!
I know this is not that unusual and all of you work with families everyday
(and so do I), but this one felt especially wonderful and I needed to tell
someone who understands!!
Thanks for listening.............
Dianne Kemp