From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 03:10:26 EDT
In a message dated 4/1/00 4:20:22 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<   Admited x 1 wk for Failure To Thrive.  Did not gain
using EBM, with formula supplementation. Testing of moms milk showed very low
protein and cholesterol.  Other kids did fine! <snip> So we are now on 30cal
formula  --Nutramigen +human milk fortifier+ polycose powder+ some protein
stuff.  No TPN, po feedings only, no solids, and still vomiting most of all
feedings.  Of only note, is during last local hospital stay speech therapist
thought the child was not sucking correctly????  Now mom is wondering if this
was a problem in the beginning.   Anywho...I still follow them very closely
as we have no source for FTT other than reflux, which still is not
controlled.  Any thoughts or comments????>>

Food allergies? The cause behind much reflux, I think. Doesn't explain why
baby did okay w/ pumping, though, unless it is just b/c baby got more
calories b/c he got more food from the bottle. Are you saying he did not
vomit when given the bottle or just that he seemed satisfied in spite of
vomiting. (Since he is vomiting feeds now, I assume he did so w/ EBM in the
bottle).  Baby is no longer even nursing for comfort?
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA