From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 20:49:08 -0400
I received an interesting note today from one of our subscribers, detailing
one of her pet peeves, which is the fact that on this and other lists, as
well as in real life,  physicians are addressed by a title, whereas others
are not, sort of a

"Dr. Blitz, and the  office staff, Nancy, and the "girls,"...etc.... type of
things, where some of the professionals are not even addressed using their
last name, but as though they were a young girl, etc.

With all due respect to the level of education and experience that many
professionals must complete before they reach their goal of physician, or
CNM, etc, or whatever the title, ....what do you all think about using these
titles as a kind of "adulation", as it were?

Just thought I would open a discussion, briefly, on this subject.  I
believe, as did my correspondent, that everyone here is a professional, and
writes as such, and that we are here to share and discuss lactation in a
collegial way.

Thoughts? Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
mailto:[log in to unmask]
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html
For LACTNET quilt raffle: http://together.net/~kbruce/kbblact.html