From:
Elizabeth Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2010 10:14:44 -0400
Rachel and others -- This award was just announced at the ILCA Conference in
San Antonio, Jul 2010.  It is a cooperative effort between ILCA (the
professional association) and IBLCE (the certifying organization) to
recognize the birthing facilities that HIRE IBCLCs, and have them integrated
in a meaningful way in their facility for the educaiton and clinical care of
patients/clients.  (As in -- when we hire you to do IBCLC work, that is the
work you'll do .... we won't "pull" you and use you in another unit if they
are understaffed).

Both ILCA and IBLCE have, as a strategic planning goals, the
promotion of the **profession** and ** IBCLC credential** ... and this is a
way that facilities around the world who share that vision can be
recognized.

Liz Brooks JD IBCLC FILCA (ILCA Secy 2005-11)
Wyndmoor, PA, USA