From:
Margi Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:01:30 -0700
Hi Becky,

I have a fair amount of materials in Spanish.  There are several that
talk about bottles -- primarily in the same context that all women deal
with it.  Fears that their milk isn't enough alone.  Fears that the baby
is nursing a lot so their milk isn't good enough.

There is a tear-off sheet from La Leche League that is in English on one
side, Spanish on the other.  It has a section "por que no el biberon?"
that shows the cycle begun with giving a bottle of formula or water.
There is also a lot of good basic info on there too.  It is called
"Breastfeeding" (Lactancia Materna).  A pad of 50 is $5.50; you can get
an entire set of sample tear-off sheets for $3.00.

There is a set of 6 "comic books" that is available in Spanish from LLLI
also that is easy to read and understand and addresses a lot of
misconceptions --  you can get 10 sets of 6 free for the cost of
shipping ($10.00), or the same thing but with 5 sets in English and 5
sets in Spanish.

The Spanish catalog is available online at:
http://www.lalecheleague.org/Web_store/web_store.cgi?product=Spanish%20Materials&cart_id=8705117_20168

Hope this helps.....unfortunately, most of the materials available are
simply translations of English materials and don't address cultural
differences.

I am planning to order a book written originally in Spanish soon, and
will see if that is more culturally specific.

Margi