Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2017 13:24:05 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Hi, 

Two years ago I posted about efforts in NM to support breastfeeding inmates. SB 363 died in the 11th hour the night before the legislative session ended in 2015. In January 2017, we split up the bill from before into 3 new bills and reintroduced them. If you know of any programs that either allow inmates to be released into community custody where they can be with or near their children or correctional facilities that support breast pumping or breastfeeding, please let me know. Also, we have noticed that March of Dimes has donated money in Texas for efforts such as these. Do you have any other leads on possible funders? NM is in dire straights economically, and I would hate for that to be the reason these babies aren't able to breastfeed. 

Here's a synopsis of the current bills and how they are progressing through the legislative process:

http://nmpolitics.net/index/2017/03/breastfeeding-bills-aim-to-help-children-of-incarcerated-mothers/

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Lissa

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2