Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 12:54:32 -0500
Tanner staging is named after a British pediatrician, Something or other
Tanner, who developed a staging system on how to decide how far along in
puberty boys and girls were.  This is occasionally important for things like
knowing how much more they will grow, whether they can be expected to have
periods soon (the girls, not the boys) and other stuff like that.  All
pediatric residents learn that stuff.

I had some trouble with the email a few hours ago, but originally I was
going to ask Rob: Do you have girls with Tanner stage 4 with babies?  What
kind of place is Pennsylvania, anyways?  (Actually, unfortunately, we do
too).  They should breastfeed okay.

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC