From:
Dianne Kemp-Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 21:54:54 -0500
I  need your wisdom, fellow lactnetters, please.
History:  Second time mom (BF first for 9 months with no problems) - now
has 6 month old exclusively BF daughter.  Mom is back to work full-time,
high stress job, pumps with a hospital grade double pump - usually twice
a day at work and breastfeeds baby morning, evening, several times
during the night and always on the week-end.
This mom has been plagued with repeated plugged ducts, sometimes leading
to mastitis requiring antibiotics.  Baby has a small mouth and tends to
want to "sip" the nipple, but mom is aware and reattaches her.  Mom is
taking Lechitin daily.
Any suggestions?  Her physician told her to "just stop nursing" and her
boss told her to "make a decision between breastfeeding and your job".
Please send replies to [log in to unmask] (my work e-mail) so I can
call her with your suggestions.
Thanks.
Dianne Kemp RN, BA, IBCLC
Port Huron, Michigan