Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:07:39 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Hoping for fresh ideas in looking for input for my daughter. Baby #4 now 6 weeks.  Home birth @ 39weeks&3days by dates but less than 38 weeks by appearance. Fast 2nd stage (1st push broke water 2 nd shot baby out...fortunately in birth tub!) Normal placenta&cord. Anterior frenulum broke @ birth. Posterior & upper labial released on day five. 3-4 CST treatments. Birth weight 5lbs 9ozs.  Shocked everyone as her 3 older babies were 8lbs & higher&40wks.  Weight gain is excellent as is output. Stool is green to yellow. Mom's milk production has always been on the high side...and she has dealt with over production with older kids. She feels this is different than over production. He rarely spits up but sounds congested when laying down. Mom attachment parents. If he is awake he is crying...no exaggeration. He pushes away from mom. Crying with legs straight if laying down.  Good nurser with no distress until a few minutes after.  Has 'spit up' through his nose & what seems like whole
feeding a couple of times when in the sling so Mom keeps him upright with Moby now. He does sleep up to 2hours at a stretch @ night. I've been concerned that there is something 'wrong' since he was born and I am too close to see any trees in the forest. She has appointment with ped. on Friday. Ideas of areas to discuss? What should we be looking at...simple over production or something else ?
Thanks... Michele Crockett

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2