From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:02:24 EDT
Hello Everybody:
   I had to share this great experience for you all to know that good things
are happening.
   I had the privilege of working with a pediatrician whose 8 day old baby was
loosing weight. Her pediatrician had recommended supplementation with formula.
Oh dear. But this particular mother had done her residency at Case Western
Reserve, where she had gone to some breastfeeding seminars. So when they
arrived at my office, the baby had been supplemented for 48 hours, but with a
spoon!  I am sure that that made it fairly easy to correct the faulty latch,
and the baby nursed herself into a drunken stupor. And has increased her
frequency of feeds (from every 3 to every 1 1/2 hours) and the mother is
overjoyed because she didn't want to use formula.
    Hurray for the folks at Case Western! And for the value of good medical
programs!
Warmly, Nikki Lee