From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:01:35 +1000
I was wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom for a mum who is in early
pregnancy with a partial placental abruption diagnosed and breastfeeding her
toddler. She is geographically isolated with limited opportunity for a
second opinion. Information is below.

"I am 30 years old and have a healthy 21 month old boy born 38.5 weeks
normal vaginal birth whom I am still breastfeeding. No history of
hypertension, pre-eclampsia or miscarriage.

I am also 7 1/2 weeks pregnant (yay) and had an appointment today with the
Obstetritian. He did an ultrasound and found an partial placental abruption
(2 cm) and told me I have to wean my son. I have been unable to find any
info about this online as everything is for 20 weeks and on and complete
placental abruption. I have also found nothing to indicate that
breastfeeding while pregnant can be harmful if you have no history of
problems and you are consuming enough nutrients. He did not seem worried but
gave me Magnesium, vaginal progesterone and something else to stop cramping
as needed"

Karleen Gribble

Australia