From:
Ann Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:08:30 EDT
Dianne, if you have Tom Hale's book you will find the information of the half
life of all radioactive substances.  My book is at work and I am at home.
You could also go to the NRC web site and they give you the half life.  Once
you have that information on Tech 99 then this can be applied to both the
mother and her pumped milk.  The radioactivity half life works the same in the
milk as it does in the human body.  So please have a mother pump, marked the date
and time, store and then use when the levels are safe.
I know there is literature that states for the milk to be dumped but I talked
with Tom a couple years ago about my investigation and he said that his next
book would follow these guidelines.
Please feel free to contact me.
Ann Perry RN, IBCLC
Boston, MA