From:
"Foley, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 13:56:17 -0400
Hello,

(permission to post granted by caller)
I just received a call from a mom who is planning to have liposuction of her lower legs in September.
Her baby was born on April 15th.  The physician who is doing the surgery said that her baby needs to
be completely weaned by the time of the surgery.  The office assistant told her to stop breastfeeding
2 months prior to the surgery.  There was a slight language barrier and I couldn't quite understand
from the caller what the exact issue was, but she said the doctor told her it had to do with "hormones"
and "fluids."   Has anyone heard of this?
I did discuss postponing the surgery, but mom says that this is the only time she can do it.
She lives in Massachusetts and is going to California for the surgery because she says she did a lot of
research and feels he is the best.
I told her that I would find out what I could and get back to her. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary Foley RN, IBCLC
Melrose, MA (where it is supposed to be Spring, but the 40 degree temps say otherwise!)