From:
Patti Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 13:25:03 -0400
>Stay-at-home moms can spend as little
>time interacting with their kids as moms away at work.

This is very true! I have to be careful  myself to really balance time spent
with the kids and time spent working or on the computer doing whatever.
However, i am always there. So if someone has a boo-boo or is sick or needs
help with something or whatever, I am there. I don't necessarily think
stay-at-home moms need to spend every waking minute doing something with
their kids. There is some value I believe in teaching the children to do
independent activities, but just the presence of a mother or father is
tremendous I think, of course as long as the children aren't being totally
neglected. As with anything, all in moderation. Intellectualy stimulation
through the computer but not obsession with....(which i think is all too
easy)

Patti C.