Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:47:42 -0700
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Jaye Simpson wrote:

> Oh My!  I just LOVE this cartoon!  Does anyone know how to find the
> back-issues of Hathor?  At any rate - I have to tell you all that my
> partner (life partner) does not believe as I do about BF - whether it be
> NIP or long-term (normal duration) BF.  In fact the belief system there
> is that which sends most of us into that eye-rolling - let me educate
> you - type of place (yes, my partner had the gall to equate NIP with
> public urination - to ME no less!!!).

ACK!

> So, thank you Cee for posting the 'NIP with a blanket' Hathor link - I
> printed out the cartoon and put it in front of my partner and said,
> "Check this out - it's hysterical!"  I knew what the response would be
> (unimpressed) but you know, I am a snot and I'll go ahead and take the
> opportunity to re-educate the narrow minded and uneducated view my
> partner has.  Maybe it will make a difference - maybe not (at 43 the
> mind set is: My Mind is made up - don't confuse me with the Facts!).
> Since we don't actually discuss the subject of BF (2 already very heated
> arguments ended any open discussion for the future) I'll just throw
> stuff out there and hope for the best.  :)

I hear ya... my husband and I disagree on NIP, too, but I just ignore
him... and keep ranting to him about it as if he already knows in his
heart of hearts that I'm right.  LOL.

Here's the link to the cartoonist's website:  http://thecowgoddess.com/
and you can click on the archives over on the right side.  I love the
current cartoon, too... she really has captured that eye-rolling sated
look a breastfed baby gets.  :-)

Cee