Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:22:07 +0100
>as well as companies who fully endorse and
>adopt the WHO code in developing countries, including standards for product
integrity, labeling, distribution and promotion.

Well done for persuing this whole thing, Patricia!

The above quote from the letter leapt out at me....the WHO code is
*international*, for developed and developing countries and it is a
common tactic of the formula people to say it is only aimed at
developing countries. Mead Johnson may well have spun Thyme this very
yarn.

Why should mothers *anywhere*, breastfeeding or formula feeding,   be
subject to shoddy, unethical marketing ?

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK