From:
MS CATHY LILES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 1995 00:08:36 EDT
My 7th grade son is in need of a science project and was intrigued by
the thought of formula being used after sitting out.  I think I will
contact someone in microbiology at our local university- any protocol
ideas? What should be room temp?  Should he use fomula from a bottle
that has been partially drunk? Would it matter if it were a newborn
or not?  Should he compare breastmilk also? I'm sure I could secure
some fresh. How often should he sample? What should he culture it in
and what organisms should he look for?  SHould he used ready to feed
or mix it himself?  How long should he test and how often?  Hourly?
Every 3-4 hours? 12 hours? 24 hours? Longer? I would appreciate any
ideas and we'll be happy to report results.  Cathy