From:
Jennifer Molavi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:50:53 -0500
Hi all,
I would like your input on an unusual situation that just arose.  A mum who
has been involved with La Leche League and the lactation literature for
years and who nursed her three children for over 4 years each, came to me
because, out of curiosity and having read about lactation taking longer and
longer to shutdown after each child, she had decided to try to see if she
still was able to express anything from her breasts (it has been four years
since she nursed.  From her right breast after a few seconds she was able
to express one tiny drop of yellowish colostrum looking fluid and no more,
but from the left breast she was immediately able to express a drop of dark
green clear fluid which she was able to continue to express with every
squeeze.  Having opened Pandora's box should she just close and ignore it
or is there any literature which might suggest this could be abnormal.  I
read the comments about it being related to galactorrhea but in one breast
only?  Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Jennifer Molavi IBCLC
Ps. please send me your thoughts directly too so I don't miss them.thanks