From:
Lisa Marasco IBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 09:56:40 -0800
>>P93 While I agree that human milk is undoubtedly good for babies, we
mustn't go overboard. The often-quoted research findings represent
statistical probabilities;<<

>>First, breastfeeding is harder than most prospective mothers imagine.
Second, it's not for everyone. This is about meeting not just your baby's
needs, but also your need<<

And this woman calls herself a lactation educator? Did she take her course
in the sixties or something? She slams LLL, implying that they are
unnecessarily biased towards breastfeeding and not concerned with mother's
needs. She uses inflammatory language-- "whip it out," "propaganda," etc.
Then, of course, presents HER views as the *truly balanced approach* to
babies and breastfeeding--- just a touch of ego here!

Ok, I know I'm reading quotes out of context. But, they sure do seem to be
talking the mother OUT of breastfeeding, not into it. This is the job of an
LE-- to tell mothers they will suffer *irreversible* negative breast changes
from breastfeeding?

~Lisa, feeling very weary today about the never-ending battle against bad
information