From:
Dianne Kemp-Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 10:02:54 -0500
I have been talking on the phone (in another state!) to a first time mom.
Her baby girl is 4 weeks old, was 6# 2oz. at birth and is still 6# 2 oz.
(she was down to 5# 8 oz. a week after birth).  She nurses well, swallowing
is heard, lots of wet diapers, and yellow, seedy stools.  Mom has tried all
kinds of things (she is working with an IBCLC in her city - I am just
offering support as a friend of her mom) - switching sides, using one side
per feeding, etc.  Before and after weight shows an intake of 2 oz. per
feeding.
Yesterday, the LC spun her milk down and told her it was low in fat (26%) -
and that she needs a 2500 diet to increase her milk fat content.  She is
asking me for sample diet plans (her LC could not provide her with that).
Could you Lactnet wonderful people share some of your wisdom with me - ??
Send responses to the list or privately to me at [log in to unmask] or
Thank
Dianne Kemp-Foster
Port Huron, Michigan