From:
Karen Querna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:03:17 -0700
Dear Clair,
if IBCLC's were licensed ones fees would be paid to the state you were
pracaticing in.  In Washingtion State it is estimated to be about $450
per year. Similiar to what Speach Patholigists pay
2. "Would statebureaucrats set standards of practice?"
One would need to be involved in their state and national ILCA
Affililiate to help to eduacate and set standards, most hosptitals
currently accept AHOWNN standards. ILCA or an ILCA national affiliate
could help to set standards as long as there was membership.

3.  "Would they accept any degree in
Lactation as sufficient for licensing? "
Most states do not accept any degree for practice until you have passed your boards

4.
Would they consult with ILCA or
IBLCE?
ILCA is YOUR professional organization IBCLE is your credentialling organization

5.
Would they be influenced by formula company lobbyists with big
campaign donations?
Having just outline ILCA's 20 year history I know from the start manufacturers realized the potential of this organization. What they hope for now is that LCs are not members of their professional organization.
Are YOU a member of ILCA - I hope so. I believe every member on this list serve should be -
Karen Querna
Spokane WA USA