From:
Nancy Jo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 2009 23:06:34 -0600
On Mar 4, 2009, Gina responded to some of the things that Jaye wrote:
Jaye wrote:
>> I am a single mom and fully support my family on my private
>> practice -
>> something that is NOT in the least easy to do as many out there
>> know. =A0=
> And,
>> until Ameda (or some up and coming new pump company) can make it
>> worthwhi=
> le
>> for me to switch out to their products, I am stuck.

Gina replied:
> The thing is...Ameda does make a product that will serve our clients.
> I don't know enough about your practice or community, but I would hope
> that if *I* were a distributor (which I don't really plan on being, so
> I'm not sure it was wise for me to get into this discussion) my
> clients would come for my experience and knowledge and would either
> accept the products I had conveniently for them, or, at a minimum,
> come to me for my consultation before going elsewhere to purchase
> another product.

This is not how businesses work. If customers don't like the products
that a business offers, they go elsewhere. In Jaye's case, they'll
probably go to the closest department store and buy whatever is
available. Some of the products there will be Medela products --
probably selling at a lower price.

Jaye is running a business. Feeding her family. Keeping them from
being homeless. The ethical issues are distressing, no doubt about
it! But not as distressing as going hungry.

Nancy Jo Linsley (formerly Bykowski)
metro Chicago, Illinois