From:
Sharon S Knorr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 06:44:53 -0500
Dear Jay,

Since vicoden is a narcotic, it would seem possible that babies may build
 up a tolerance for it and possibly show signs of withdrawal.  As Jack
always points out, in such a case, ingesting breastmilk is the best way
to bring the baby down slowly.  There is lots of new research and some
new treatments for arthritis.  Has this mom been keeping up on the latest
developments?  I can't imagine taking vicoden long term like that, but
then I don't suffer from chronic, severe pain.

Warmly,
Sharon Knorr, BSMT, LLLL, IBCLC in Newark, New York (near Rochester)
mailto:[log in to unmask]

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]