Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 07:31:33 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/99 3:16:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< .but unless the
 baby is in the hospital...the insurance will not pay for one.  >>

I have worked with some Moms who had their OB write the prescription for a
pump for prevention of breast disease. Also check and see if your insurance
policy covers durable medical equipment sales and rentals. I have had several
Moms reinbursed for that.
I had one Mom who was denied at first to write a letter with a chart
comparing the amount of money she had paid in premiums over the 10 yrs she
had been with that company to the medical claims they had paid for. They had
made about a $27,000 profit.  She got her reinbursement check within a week!
I would say that about 50% of Moms who file are denied the first go around.
the more they push ( file appeals etc) the more likely they are to get some
reinbursement.
It does seem to me that the insurance companies are geting more difficult to
work with.

Barbara Whitehead, IBCLC