From:
Deborah S-Q <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:01:44 +0000
cathy wrote:
"One baby may metabolise milk quite differently from another. Just
as adults appear too"
yes so true. my 2nd child never left the breast for months(& i mean never,
latched all night long), he was not small by any means, born at 9lb10 & 24
inches long, but he was not huge like his younger brother(who was only 8 lb
14 at birth), & did peter off at about 9 months, when he started to eat a
minimal amount of solids (unless you count sand a month earlier). the
younger brother my husband often made the comment of "at least i get to see
this ones face" & he was HUGE(& continues to be kind of big for his
age).very different nursing patterns & obviously different metabolisms, same
mother & i would assume somewhat similar milk producing capacity.
my husband & i have very different metabolisms as do my sister & i and so
on.

& cathy  further wrote something about babies & instincts to know what is
right for them, until there is a problem & then we step in. hear hear.
deborah