From:
Patricia Keeling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:14:54 -0500
Hello all!
I have been "lurking" for some time and have been soaking up all the
information that is so freely given here!  I am an ECE.C (certified early
childhood educator) by training  and a LLLL and will be writting the BIG
exam this July that seems to get so much "press".  I have a question
regarding medications that I would like an answer to if I may.....?
According to Thomas Hale 2000, Flurbiprofen is a level 2 risk for
lactating mothers, but the information from the pharmacy states in bold
letters..."THIS MEDICINE IS EXCRETED IN BREAST MILK.  DO NOT BREAST-FEED
while taking this medicine".... My question is how does one go about
changing this misinformation.  A mother may unnecessarily wean a child if
they solely go by this information.  Some mothers don't question
such "authority", or don't go looking for more information.  Just
wondering?!
Patricia