From:
Judy Le Van Fram <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:37:43 EDT

Jan writes:

I'm up for  recertification in July.  My 20 years.   Maybe.  I'm  seriously
wondering about this.  I suspect my moms would  be  much better served if I
was
not an IBCLC, following the dictates of  the  IBLCE.

This "scope of practice" is radically changing  my thinking  about whether or
not being an IBCLC is how I want to  spend my sunset years --  worrying about
whether or not I'm going to  be threatened to have my  certification stripped
if
I dare tell a  mother that her physician gave her  incorrect  information.

~~
What does it say if people as knowledgeable and involved and committed  to
helping mothers and babies as the women who posted here on this  Practice issue,
are thinking of leaving the profession??
I simply can't believe that Board members from ABA or ILCA or  LLLI agree
with this..

Peace,
Judy

Judy LeVan  Fram, PT, IBCLC, LLLL