From:
Maurenne Griese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 18:14:47 -0500
I got this message from a pumping mom who is needing some help with trouble
shooting a problem with her PNS.

"I was
wondering about a "whistling" noise that my pump is making, could it
be the little white valve cover pieces?  Neither of them has ripped,
but could they be weakening, or could it be the tubing?  Let me know
what you think, it seems to be affecting the amount of milk that I am
able to pump."

I told her:

Check to see if you are hearing it from your motor, the tubing or the
valves and that will let us know where and what we need to troubleshoot.
The most likely culprit is either milk getting into the tubing, which you
would see, or a tear in the valve.  I have also found that my PNS makes a
different noise when I have it on high.  Check those things out first and
get back to me.

Any other suggestions?  I haven't heard of this one before.

Thanks,

Maurenne Griese, RNC, BSN, CCE, CBE
Manhattan, KS  USA
http://www.networksplus.net/griese