From:
Kathy Eng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2006 10:43:12 -0500
My first thought is to look at the photos of MRSA infections (breast
infection) in the Breastfeeding Atlas. I have seen mom's pump out milk
and it coagulates into lumps in the bottle. Stringy stuff comes out of
the nipple also. Some moms have breast pain with this  but some do not
and have no symptoms (many have a c-section infection first). I would
make sure she isn't describing this kind of thing and if she is, she
needs to see her doctor ASAP. I would want to know if she has had a
breast infection or plugged ducts lately.

Kathy Eng, BSW, IBCLC