From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 11:54:37 -0500
Tho my first baby hated the car, my second was fine... until one hot day
during a 5 hour car ride when he was maybe 10 months old.  He was stripped
down to rubber pants, nursed in the seat, handed distraction after
distraction - nothing worked.  He'd scream and wriggle down in the seat,
I'd hoist him back into position, and hand him something else to do, and
he'd just keep yelling.

After many miles we stopped the car and took him out.  Lo and behold, one
of the distractions I had handed him was a child's hairbrush.  It had
lodged at the back of the carseat, bristles facing his bare back.  Every
time I'd hoisted him back into position, I'd been whamming him against the
bristles.  No wonder he yelled!

Diane Wiessinger, whose son loves her anyway in Ithaca, NY