From:
Denise Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 10:03:28 -0400
Okay all you on Lactnet I have a question that has been floating around for
quite sometime.  Every now and again I hear a comment "You have no liability
protection if you use a p-------- to help a breastfeeding mother since it
wasn't designed for that purpose."  What about the modified tool used for
inverted nipples?  What about other ways we LC modify tools to assist a bfdg
mother.  How does this affect our liability or does it?  I'd hate to feel
"forced" to use a tool I don't feel works or is unsatisfactory just because a
better one hasn't been marketed specifically for breastfeeding moms.

Denise Parker, BA, IBCLC (La Crescenta, CA)