From:
Nancy Rowlands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:28:00 -0700
RE: peanut allergy

I spoke to my allergist about this.  I have peanut
allergy and so does my oldest daughter.  I had heard
about the study sponsored by Nestle.  It was in
Newsweek.  He explained to me that a child can become
sensitized to peanuts through breastmilk or during
pregnancy.  A child cannot inherit a specific allergy
but the propensity to allergies.  It is these children
that can become sensitized.

Nancy Rowlands RN, IBCLC

--- Automatic digest processor

=== message truncated ===