From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:12:35 -0600
Linda, I've never seen this used topically, but I have really not seen much,
if any, raynaud's. However, what you describe as far as your interaction
with the dr. via the answering machine, sounds ok. You said the 2 of you are
"agreeing to disagree". That's OK. You might actually want to send a note or
a message to the dr. thanking her for taking the time to get back in touch
with you and explaining her rationale for the topical treatment. You might
say that you will continue to help this mom as needed, observe and report
how the tx works, and reinforce to the mom the need to be compliant and wash
all of the med off before bf. That will keep the lines of communication
open.
I had a dr. and we agreed to disagree re releasing tongue tie. We were very
respectful and friendly to one another. He was willing to look at new
research or peds articles (he is an older doc) and now he clips them. He was
convinced once he saw info on the AAP site.
I also have a dr. who has incised a mastitic breast for drainage but does
not want mom to express that breast. (Just happened tonite). We are on very
good terms, so first thing in morning I will talk to him more about it, and
share some article(s) and see where that goes.
Good luck to you and wish me luck too!
Laurie Wheeler RN MN IBCLC
Mississippi USA