Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 19:34:23 EDT

In a message dated 6/1/2005 5:42:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I equate  this wish with the exam takers who are  taking the
exam primarily  because they think their hospitals will give them
raises>>>>>>>>

Barbara,

Interesting that I just heard last week, for the first time in my
recollection, an LC from a hospital (I think it was Shady Grove in MD) said that  the
hospital just recently raised the "pay rate" for LCs to compensate/recognize
them for their IBCLC credential.

I do not know what the amount is, or equates to, or if it would be
considered a significant amount of money, but, it does seem a step in the right
direction.

Debbie  Tobin
RN BSN IBCLC LCCE

Fairfax County, Virginia suburbs  outside the Washington DC beltway

BestBreastfeeding.Info