From:
Tim Herrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 13:59:02 -0500
This is my first posting on Lactnet so I will begin with an introduction.  I
am an RD.  I have worked in the WIC program in a couple of states and
several settings for about 12 years.  I have a vision for a postpartum
breastfeeding support clinic in the local public health department (separate
from the WIC office) services available to all women. Emphasis would be  1.
individual counseling for early postpartum days 2.  training and support for
back to work/school BF managment and 3. outreach/education to/for employers
and community.  At the moment I am waiting to hear about the grant
application that I submitted for starting up just such a place.
My search in the archives did not lead to any thing of this nature.  I am
very curious if similar services are available in any local health
department venues.  If you know of one or if you work in one I would love to
hear all about your clinic.  How you came to be - your
successes/frustrations?  I may also come to you with my questions as I proceed.
Thanks for any help!
Barb Herrman, RD,LD
Kansas, USA