From:
Seema Karki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 02:39:39 -0700
Hello all my wiseones in lacnet!!

you guys have been a great resource of information for me. I have been learning tons from you all.

Here I need help. The hospital where I work, we do very often bedside Blood glucose test on the babies.
most of the Dr's orders are like this.

Accucheck for babies over 3800g is like this

1.stat rigth after birth.
2.20min times
3. one hour
4.AC times 4

This applies for all babies, I mean normal breastfeeding well.

I need a solid current AAP guideline what they have to say about it.
Personally I think it is unnecessary to stick the babies when they are nursing well.

would you please help me to find info so that I can show it to my peditricians.
web sites......please.....

thank you so much...

Seema Karki,RN NSY
Bothwell regional Health Center
Sedalia,MO-65301

Perform selfless service to the poor, the sick, and the needy without thought of reward or fame.
Love all Serve all