From:
beadie cambardella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 00:53:29 -0500
A back to work breastfeeding mother reported to me  that the childcare
facility was giving formula to her baby and not the EMM that she was leaving
for the baby.  She was told that the baby would take formula from the bottle
, but not the mother's milk. She knows how to collect and store and leaves
fresh milk.  Her baby nurses just fine when mother is with baby.
Mother accepted this but was not happy about it.  Any suggestions for her
for dealing with the child care providers (short of me going there and
demonstrating  how to feed a baby ) ?  It is not a work site child care.
She does not want to alienate the providers who care for her baby.  She has
to work . She is just making this transition as a back to work mother and is
feeling fragile emotionally.  Her employer has a good back to work pumping
program and she has plenty of milk.
Beadie Cambardella RN IBCLC
Atlanta, GA
"daffadowndilly has come up to town