From:
Kris Nilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2016 15:55:33 -0400
I am pleased to report that I have had 2 of these new classes with a panel of breastfeeding women.

The first class I had 6 BF moms and only 1 pregnant woman but it was great and she got to ask all her questions.

Today, was the second class with 5 BF moms on the panel. 3 pregnant women, 1 expectant father, and 1 mom of a 2 day old (who just got discharged) attended. I'm at an army hospital so 2 of the pregnant were soldiers and 2 on the panel were breastfeeding soldiers. They talked about pumping and working. There were good suggestions for the father on how to support/help his wife. Yes, there were the questions about pacifiers and formula. Each mom had a different answer. I let each of them tell their story but then I explained possible problems with early pacifier use and formula.

I highly recommend a class like this. It's great for the expectant/brand new moms to talk to these women but is also great for the breastfeeding moms to learn to promote breastfeeding!

Kris Nilson BSN RN IBCLC
WINN Army Community Hospital
Ft. Stewart, GA