From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 22:16:11 +0000
Diane Wiessinger asked for recipes for mock breastmilk.  A wonderful
idea, but I am too long weaned to help out (I still have let-downs
though).  How about making a point by having seven samples of mock
breastmilk, each a slightly different flavour.  Explain that
breastfed babies get a different flavour for every day of the week,
depending on what the mother has been eating.  Also, encourage
mothers to taste their own milk.  Most are surprised by the
suggestion, but pleased to try it. I understand there are also a lot
of fathers who enjoy it in the course of lovemaking.  One mother told
me her husband (a G.P.) complained that he got more colds now that
she had weaned (after about 2 years of breastfeeding)  she confided
that he used to drink quite a lot!

Ros Escott
"In every work the beginning is the most important part,
especially in dealing with anything young and tender." Socrates