From:
Karen Foard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 08:40:58 -0500
Three plus years ago I had what seemed to me to be a "textbook"
presentation of insufficient glandular development.  After much effort and
more than a couple weeks of nursing, the mother completed her breastfeeding
experience, and left with my request of when she has another baby, wherever
she may be living, to please keep in touch.

She called last night. They have been trying for 2 years to get pregnant,
obviously to no avail.  They are under doctors care, and she describes
herself as been diagnosed with a luteal phase deficiency; they are
monitoring progesterone and doing all sorts of tests.

She was wondering if the breastfeeding experience of 3 years ago was a
symptom of the problem even back then. Though they didn't have difficulty
in getting pregnant then, she wonders was it a fluke, or has something
changed?

Do any of you have good resources/references/articles about this situation
that I can pass on to this couple? They have limited access to the
internet, but we have a good library here at Penn State, and they are
willing to dig for info. I got a couple web sites this morning for them,
but are there parent infertility support groups that any of you know about?

I appreciate your help--- I really have been waiting for this woman to have
another baby to see what her breastfeeding experience would be like this
time.  TIA

Karen Foard, IBCLC   State College, PA