From:
The Bentleys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:01:16 -0500
My understanding was an orthodontic (like "Nuk") in a larger size (not
newborn) was preferable, since this is similar to the shape of a nipple when
flattened on the roof of the mouth by the baby's tongue.  Also ensure the
hole is NOT on the roof of the mouth where it will be closed when the
breastfeeding baby uses the tongue the way he does with breastfeeding.
Cuddle close in  bfg position, require baby to open as wide as when bfg, put
bottle in as far as can go so mouth is almost on lip of bottle (solely
bottlefed babies tend to feed on the end of the nipple and some families
will copy this when offering supplemental bottles to bfg babies).  All this
makes the bottlefeeding process as similar as possible to bfg.

Anyone else have different thoughts?

Michelle Bentley, lowly CLE