From:
John Worthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:26:37 -0400
I am a nursing student at Ivy Tech. I have been researching the occurrence
and treatment of Raynaud's syndrome of the nipple in the nursing mother. In
the archive posts at Lactnet, the impression I got, was that this is not
commonly diagnosed or treated. I was hoping to get feedback from
practitioners in regards to the incidence that they are seeing Raynauds. The
literature I read, also stated that in many cases there is a mis diagnosis
of Candida albicans infection and is treated with anti-fungals. I am also
interested in hearing what type of treatments you are seeing. The medication
I have come across in my literature, is nifedipine, a calcium channel
blocker. Evening primrose and fish oil were also listed as treatments, but
the large doses and length of time to produce therapeutic levels (6 weeks),
made me question if those were being utilized. All responses will be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,
John Worthy
Ivy Tech Nursing Student