From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:42:44 +1100
The website
http://www.breastfeedingnewmexico.org/law_page.html
Includes the following report
"Happily, there was a strong dissent written by Justice Gammage.  The dissent is significant, because the judge noted that the formula companies prey on new mothers in the hospital when they are most vulnerable.  He noted that hospitals aid and abet in this endeavor.   He cited the Ross Employee manual which stated the "Ross Hospital feeding system is designed to provide an early and convenient means of getting an infant started on Similac.and ultimately sent home with instructions that they continue to use Similac.  Never underestimate the role of nurses.  If they are sold and serviced properly, they can be strong allies.  A nurse who supports Ross is like another salesman."

Could one of the Lactnet lawyers help me out in confirming that this was indeed part of a judge's decision and in working out how to cite it for a submission I'm workingon....
Karleen