From:
Cathy Liles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 20:51:02 -0600
I used to think we should be very careful about nursing older children in
public until I heard a Hmong refuge talking about choosing bottle feeding
because she thought no one in the US breastfed. She asked,"Where is the
evidence breastfeeding exists in this country?" Where is the evidence that
older children nurse if it is always hidden?  How will doctors and social
services begin to understand that it is normal and healthy if we continue
hiding? We need to be able to feel confident and nurse our children anytime,
anyplace. Cathy