Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:42:13 -0700
>Is this so, that pediatricians generally don't provide formula samples
and/or
>use formula promo material?  I was under the impression these things were
>fairly rampant.

You know I would agree here, the ped that we use (only when our family prac.
isn't avail) is TERRIBLE with this.  Funny how I didn't notice it until I
started going to lactation school! The ped that I thought was SO alternative
all of a sudden looked SO mainstream!  As my ideas of alternative
meds/practices changed so did my opinion of this dr.  The last time I was
there she had a nice bin labeled "free samples"  I found myself peering in
there (you know human nature to look at anything that's FREE), and it was
full of formula samples.  I was so irritated.  That was the last time I was
there.  And with this baby (that STILL isn't here) I won't be going to see
her.  It's funny how our perception of things/people change as we educate
ourselves!

Melisa