From:
Elaine M Mazgelis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 01:05:51 -0800
I have to admit I am not good at finding things in the Archives, either,
but I  remember a lot of discussion and research on the subject of dental
caries and bf. What I remember is it has much more to do with maternal
health, nutrition and stress levels in mom during the prenatal period
than anything else. I try to remind mothers of this so they won't feel
it's something they "did or didn't do" that caused the cavities. And I
was so relieved to see Dr. Jack point out that , yes, they do get 2nd
teeth!! I always think that but am afraid to say it to mothers, because
everyone considers cavities in primary teeth to be so traumatic. (They
are, of course, but not half so traumatic as many other things - Thanks
again, Dr. Jack!)
(Now I'm waiting for the rebuttal from all the dentists out there...)

Elaine M.